Sunday, April 14, 2013

New Arrivals

It's been ages since I did a book haul post with this many books. Having had a birthday in March I decided to spoil myself (as one tends to do) and ordered from a couple of different sources. As luck would have it all the books arrived on the same day flooding me with packages. There's nothing quite like the excitement and anticipation of tearing into a package to see what wonders it holds. I think that's one of the things that still make me prefer physical books over ebooks.


I got:
Leviathans of Jupiter by Ben Bova
The Sea Watch by Adrian Tchaikovsky
Deep State by Walter Jon Williams
Bitter Seeds by Ian Tregillis
Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts
The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes
The Books of the South by Glen Cook
Songs of the Earth by Elspeth Cooper
Snuff by Terry Pratchett
The Departure by Neal Asher

Most of these are books from series I've read or are planning to read and the prices for the hardcovers of Snuff and The Departure were just too good to pass up.

The limited edition of The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes deserves a photo of its own. It's a gorgeous book with a stunning cover and finishes that slot in perfectly with the story itself. I'm very glad I opted for this over the standard edition. The story is great too; I finished it in one sitting, but so far I haven't found the words to do it justice in a review.


No comments:

Post a Comment