Thursday, July 28, 2011

On My Shelf - B is for...

On My Shelf is a new monthly meme I'm trying to get off the ground. It’s all about sharing the books on your shelf in alphabetical order, according to author.

It’s a very chilled-out meme, so you can plan it in any way you like, and post at any time of the month, any number of times you like.

For July we’re tackling A & B.

Want to participate? Instructions can be found here. Time is running out for this month, so don't delay!

This is part two of my On the Shelf post. Since I had so many 'A' and 'B' authors I had to split them in two. So it is with endless joy that I present the B part of my collection for your perusal.

Ian M. Banks


Consider Phlebas (The Culture)The Player of GamesUse of WeaponsExcessionSurface DetailThe AlgebraistAgainst a Dark Background

Ian M. Banks is one of my favourite British science fiction authors. Some of his novels are a bit hit or miss, but I really like his Culture series. I've got quite a few gaps to fill in my collection, but in time I'll get them all.

Culture:
Consider Phlebas
The Player of Games
Use of Weapons
Excession
Surface Detail

The Algebraist
Against a Dark Background


Stephen Baxter


RingXeelee: An Omnibus: Timelike Infinity, Raft, Flux, RingThe Time ShipsEvolution

Stephen Baxter is one of those authors that you either like or you don't. I quite like his writing and vaguely remember reading some of his work while at school. I recently got the Xeelee Omnibus which I'm looking forward to read.

Xeelee:
Ring
Xeelee Omnibus: Timelike Infinity / Raft / Flux / Ring

The Time Ships
Evolution


Gregory Benford


In the Ocean of Night (Galactic Center, #1)Across the Sea of Suns (Galactic Center, #2)Great Sky RiverTides of Light (Galactic Center, #4)Furious Gulf (Galactic Center, #5)Sailing Bright Eternity (Galactic Center, #6)The Martian Race (Adventures of Viktor & Julia, #1)The Sunborn (Adventures of Viktor & Julia, #2)ArtifactCosmBeyond Infinity

Gregory Benford was recommended on one of the science fiction forums I participate in. Most of his stuff is quite difficult to get your hands on, so when Better World Books had a large selection of his work I jumped at the chance. I haven't read any of these yet.

Galactic Center:
In the Ocean of Night
Across the Sea of Suns
Great Sky River
Tides of Light
Furious Gulf
Sailing Bright Eternity

The Martian Race
Sunborn

Artifact
Cosm
Beyond Infinity


Ben Bova


MarsReturn to MarsPowersatMoonriseThe Precipice The Asteroid Wars 1The Rock Rats (The Grand Tour; also Asteroid Wars)The Silent War (The Grand Tour; also Asteroid Wars)Aftermath (Asteroid Wars, #4)

My go-to guy when it comes to hard science fiction. I only recently started adding his books to my shelves after liking the Asteroid War series. I'm looking forward to reading the Grand Tour novels.

Grand Tour:
Mars
Return to Mars
Powersat

Moonrise

Asteroid Wars:
The Precipice
The Rock Rats
The Silent War
The Aftermath


Peter V. Brett


The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)The Desert Spear (Demon Trilogy, #2)

Can it be? Finally some fantasy. Haven't read these yet, but they came highly recommended so I'm sure I'm going to love them.

Demon Cycle:
The Warded Man
The Desert Spear


David Brin


Sundiver (The Uplift Saga, #1)Startide Rising (The Uplift Saga, #2)The Uplift War (The Uplift Saga, #3)Brightness Reef (Uplift Storm Trilogy, #1)Infinity's Shore (Uplift Storm Trilogy, #2)Heaven's Reach (Uplift Storm Trilogy, #3)

One of the authors I've been planning to read for ages. I remember liking the first Uplift novel after getting it from my local library about ten years ago. They didn't have any of the others so I never got to see what happened.

Uplift:
Sundiver
Startide Rising
The Uplift War
Brightness Reef
Infinity's Shore
Heaven's Reach



No comments:

Post a Comment