Monday, June 13, 2011

The Awesomeness of Asher

This is a long overdue post. My camera was giving me some problems and I never got round to posting the photos. I invite you to feast your eyes on the Awesomeness of Asher.

Back in December of last year Neal Asher had a bookmark design competition on his bog. I cobbled together an entry and submitted it (download the first bookmark set or the second bookmark set). In January Neal informed me that I had actually won (woo hoo!!!) and that my hoard of Asher novels were on its way.  It took a little more than three months, but they finally arrived at the start of May.

I received almost the entire body of Neal’s work to date - the Cormac series; the Spatterjay trilogy; the Polity novels and his standalone novel, Cowl. Most of the novels feature the gorgeous new covers designed by Jon Sullivan. When I say gorgeous I really mean it, photos don’t do them justice at all.

Drooling yet? Each novel is also signed and personalised making them even more special.

Thanks again Neal. They will forever have pride of place in my book collection!


No comments:

Post a Comment