Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I've got a bit of a problem...

Here's a handy tip to conserve your peace of mind - NEVER spend the time to tally up the quantity and total cost of books you have bought.  Just don't do it!  Ignorance is bliss and ensures guilt-free reading.

Unfortunately I only discovered this golden nugget of wisdom after I went through all my book purchases for the year so far.  It seems I have a major book buying addiction and it's getting to the point where it's getting out of hand.

So far this year I've purchased no less than 75 novels!  Keep in mind that we are only in the third month of the year.  I'm not even going to mention the total cost (I can't face the nightmare inducing figures a second time!).  I will say that even though most of the purchases have been paperbacks it does add up to a considerable sum.

I'm in dire need of an intervention and I think the only real option is for me to put myself under a strict book buying ban for the next month and then limiting myself to three new novels a month.

It's going to be tough, but I have to do something, otherwise I won't be able to afford to put a roof over my books for much longer!

Any advice for hopelessly addicted book addict?

No comments:

Post a Comment