Monday, January 24, 2011

New Books!


I think the picture speaks for itself.  Once again I couldn't control my buying urge and I splurged on a few box sets and a couple of omnibus editions.  These are the books I've received so far from The Book Depository, and their service and prices have been great as always. 

The only thing that has me confused is that the local postal service has managed to mix up the delivery of the books.  I've still got some books outstanding from an order that shipped on the 4th of January, but I've managed to receive one book that shipped on the 13th of January.  It boggles the mind how they can manage to do that.  Hopefully the rest of my order will arrive later this week.

The Xeelee Omnibus looks absolutely gorgeous and the Drizzt Collector editions almost has the same feel as some IT textbooks I had to wade through during my studies.  Luckily reading these will be MUCH more enjoyable.

3 comments:

  1. Nice!
    I enjoyed Ilium - I love metafiction and it had some epic battle scenes. Will re-read it one day once I've read more Nabokov, Greek mythology and at the Wikipedia articles on Proust (let's not get too ambitious).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great. One day I might start on the WoT series. Possibly once I've finished all those Sword of Truth books that keep staring at me.

    ReplyDelete